Makes one flatbread.
Essentially serves two/three as an appetizer, serves one as a meal.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 package Upton's Naturals Ground Seitan
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced ginger, fresh
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp carmelized onions, prepared
- 1 vegan naan flatbread
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Crumble in the ground seitan. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to brown.
- Add in all the dry spices. Toss to coat the seitan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in ginger, tomato paste, tamarind, and veg broth. Allow to reduce until a nice sauce coats the seitan, about 5 minutes.
- Spread the seitan onto the naan. Top with carmelized onions.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until light brown.
- Serve and enjoy!