Stuffed manicottis are not hard to make, just time consuming. It's well worth it at supper time!
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- 1 package manicotti noodles
- 1 package Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Boil the manicotti until al-dente and then place in cold water
- Crumble the italian seitan and mix into the ricotta
- Preheat oven to 350
- Carefully stuff the manicotti noodles with the seitan and ricotta mixture
- Put a thin later of marinara in a baking pan and place the stuffed manicotti on top. Lightly cover the top of the manicotti with additional marinara
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Heat the remainder of the marinara on your stove top and pour over the manicotti when it comes out of the oven
- Plate and enjoy!
Find out where you can get your Upton's Naturals seitan here.