Want to make this recipe? Find out where you can get your hands on some Upton's Naturals seitan here.
Monday, January 27, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014
Recipe by Tracy aka Boozie Homemaker
- 1 package Upton's Ground Seitan
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2, 4oz cans of chopped green chillies
- 1 TB ground cumin
- 1 TB dry oregano
- 1 tsp cinnamon cayenne pepper to taste (I like about 1/2 tsp)
- white pepper to taste
- 3, 15oz can of cannellini beans
- 5 cups water
- 3 vegan chicken bouilloun cubes
- vegan mozzarella shreds
- corn tortilla chips
- vegan sour cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic and seitan for about 10 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the canned chillies, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne and white paper. Saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add two cans of beans, the vegan chicken bouillon and water to the pot. Stir well.
- In a food processor puree that third can of beans until smooth. Add them to the pot and stir until incorporated well.
- Simmer for at least 10 more minutes and the chili will thicken a bit.
- Optional: Serve topped with crumbled corn tortilla chips, vegan sour cream and vegan mozzarella shreds
Find out where you can get your Upton's Naturals seitan here.
Labels: Ground Seitan