I am usually a big smoothie person in the morning, but sometimes I just want something heartier! Tofu scrambles always do the trick, and they are really so quick and easy! I love how there are so many different combinations of ingredients you can throw together. Upton's Italian Seitan perfectly rounds out an Italian combination of veggies and seasonings. If you only have the Ground Seitan on hand, you can improvise and throw in dried herbs, such as Oregano and Basil.
- 1/2-1 package of Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- handful of baby spinach
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, cut into thin strips (you can use the ones not in oil, I just find these pack so much more flavor, and have a more pleasant, chewy texture)
- fresh basil
- Open your package of tofu and throw it into a large heated pan. No need to press the tofu, I like to keep it watery as the ingredients are simmering on the stove. This way, you don't need to use oil to keep the ingredients from sticking.
- Using a large wooden spoon, break up the tofu into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Add all ingredients, stopping at spinach. Add water as necessary to keep the tofu from drying out, and to create a bit of a creamy sauce for the tofu.
- Add the remaining ingredients, saving the basil for garnish. Your scramble will be ready when the spinach has wilted and everything is heated through. Serve with potatoes and toast!
See how quick and easy this is!?! Now get to it!!!!