This recipe comes courtesy of Lindsay at Cook. Vegan. Lover.
Yields 3 servings as a main, 6 as a side or appetizer.
- 3 baking potatoes, baked at 350F for 1hr 15 min and cooled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4-5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 package of Upton’s Naturals chorizo seitan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3-1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Garnishes: diced tomato, arugula, thinly sliced green onions and my smoked paprika aioli from my latest e-book
- Preheat oven to 425F. Slice the cooled potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides just enough to stuff with 2-3 tablespoons of filling; place on a baking sheet and set to the side.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; stir in the onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Stir in the chorizo, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes- vegetables should start to caramelize and everything combine.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the potato skins; using all of the filling. Top with shredded vegan cheese- as much or as little as you like.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil- making sure to tent the foil so that the cheese does not stick ot the foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese has melted and the potato skins are lightly brown.
- Plate and garnish with your favorite toppings.