Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for meatballs:
- 1 package (8 oz.) Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan, finely chopped
- 1/4 C yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 C vegan Parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 "eggs", made as directed by box instructions
- 1/4 C Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for soup base:
- 8 C vegetable broth
- 1 C spinach, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegan Parmesan
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 C white wine
- 1/2 C couscous
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into small to medium shaped balls.
Directions for soup:
- Over medium heat in a pot, add the olive oil. Brown each side of the meatballs for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- When done cooking, place some broth in a bowl and add several meatballs.