Yields approximately 156 (1-3/4") ravioli
Ingredients for pasta:
- 2 C semolina flour
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 C water
Ingredients for filling:
- 1 package Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan
- 1-1/2 C roasted, unsalted cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 rounded tsp salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- Combine semolina flour, white flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add water, mixing until dough forms into a ball. Knead until dough becomes firm and smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- Form into 2" round balls and place on a clean work surface underneath an overturned bowl for 30-45 minutes, allowing dough to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine soaked cashews, garlic and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Slowly add almond milk, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture comes together. Continue to process for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Add Italian Seitan and process an additional 30-60 seconds, or until incorporated.
- Once dough has finished resting, check to see if it is sticky. If so, coat each ball with all-purpose flour and knead until incorporated and smooth. Repeat if necessary.
- Roll out a ball until 1/8" thick. Using a shot glass or something similar in size, cut as many 1-3/4" circles as possible.
- Using half of the circles, place approximately 1 teaspoon of filling onto the center of each. Using water, moisten the outer edges of each remaining circle, then place on top of the circles that have filling. Seal each ravioli by pressing firmly around the edges.
- Place finished ravioli in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Continue with remainder of dough until all has been used.
If consuming at a later date: using the aforementioned cookie sheet, freeze ravioli in a single layer. Once frozen, place ravioli into a sealed container and store in the freezer until ready for use.
Yields approximately 3 cups
- 3 Tbsp vegan buttery spread
- 1 C chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1/3 C chopped shallots
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 C sauvignon blanc wine
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, cooking and stirring often until mushrooms are tender and onion is translucent.
- Whisk in flour (mixture will be somewhat dry) and then add almond milk, whisking until smooth.
- Add wine, salt and black pepper and continue to stir until thickened, approximatey 1-3 minutes.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ¼ C chopped fresh parsely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ C diced white onion
- ½ C syrah wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Combine stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and garlic in a food processor, processing until smooth, approximately 1 minute. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion, cooking until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to saucepan along with wine, oregano, salt and pepper, cooking and stirring until heated through, approximately 5 minutes.