- 1 package of Upton's Naturals Chorizo Seitan
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 1/2-3/4 of a large onion - diced
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 jalapeño - seeded, ribs removed, and diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper - diced
- 1 C uncooked quinoa
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Sauté the veggies over medium high heat until the onions have become translucent (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in the salt, black pepper, and cumin. Add in the quinoa and toast with the veggies for 2 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and broth. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Allow the quinoa to absorb all the liquid, about 40-45 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, brown the Chorizo Seitan in 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Once the chorizo has browned, mix with the quinoa and serve.