Just in time for the Super Bowl!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (with cheeze sauce)
Ingredients for nachos:
- 1/2 package (4 oz.) Upton's Naturals Ground Seitan, crumbled
- 1 (14 oz.) can vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- cheeze sauce (directions below)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- several dollops vegan sour cream
- 1/2 jar salsa
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced thin
- tortilla chips, to serve
Ingredients for guacamole:
- 2 avocados, pits remove
- 3-4 limes, squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 one poblano pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
Ingredients for cheese sauce:
- 1 large red pepper roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 3/4 C raw cashews
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 C margarine
- 1/2 C beer (lager)*
- 1-2 Tbsp cornstarch with 5 tsp water (combined)
- soy milk (to desired consistency)
Directions for seitan:
- Crumble your Ground Seitan and mix together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chili powder with it.
- Brown in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
Directions for guacamole:
- In a bowl, mash the avocados and add the lime juice. Mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Directions for cheese sauce:
- Roast red pepper on broil until it is soft. Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add seeded, peeled, roasted red pepper to cheese sauce mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pot on medium heat. Add cornstarch and water mixture, bring to boil. Add the milk in slowly; depending on how thick or runny you want the sauce, add more or less.
- Once boiling, lower heat and let simmer. Keep stirring the mixture. Continue stirring until you pour.