We met Noelle at a demo in Ann Arbor, MI and she created this recipe and submitted it to our May 2010 Faceboo recipe contest.
aka "Lasagna Soup"
- 1 C Upton's Naturals Ground Seitan, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 C carrots, diced
- 1 C spinach, chopped (optional)
- 2 C diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 C tomato sauce
- 1 C water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 1/4 C lasagna noodles, cut in 1/2 inch strips in width
- 1/2 C Daiya mozzarella crumbles
- Fry Ground Seitan in 1 Tbsp olive oil along with onions and garlic for 7 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 more minutes. Add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, bouillon cube, and seasonings and bring to a light boil for 10-15 minutes.
- The soup should get a little thick. Add the noodles and spinach (if desired) and simmer on medium low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve while hot and top with cheese. Enjoy with a green salad!