- 1 package Upton's Naturals Italian Seitan
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 5 medium ribs of celery (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance buttery-sticks
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage (substitute 1 tsp powdered if fresh is unavailable)
- 1⁄4 C dried cranberries (optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 10 C cubed bread (any variety)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Begin by spreading cubed bread out on a cookie sheet and baking it for ten minutes at 350. (Note: If the bread you're working with is stale or dry, skip this step.)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil. When oil is hot add onion, celery and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent and celery begins to soften, about ten minutes.
- Crumble Upton's Naturals Italian-Style Seitan into the skillet and continue to saute until it begins to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Create a well in the center of the skillet and add earth balance "butter" and chopped sage, as well as salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate and saute 2 additional minutes.
- Place cubed bread in a large bowl and add contents of skillet and broth. Stir.
- Press stuffing into a 9" by 11" casserole dish, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 min. If you would like stuffing with a crispier crust, dot the top of the stuffing with a little more Earth Balance.