A haughty version of the cafeteria staple “sloppy joes.”
Yields two large sandwiches or four ordinary sized ones
- 1 package Upton's Naturals Ground Seitan
- 1⁄4 C finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 C finely chopped green pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 C tomato sauce
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 chipotle, minced
- 1 tsp molasses
- black pepper
- yummy buns
- Heat canola oil in a non-stick skillet. Add onion and green pepper and sauté until onion softens.
- Then add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add Upton's ground beef style and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients through black pepper and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heap on buns and enjoy.