Yields 4 Empanadas
- 1 ball (about 1.5 lbs) Whole Foods pizza dough (available at their pizza bar)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 8oz package Upton's Naturals Chorizo-style seitan
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 Tablespoon Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- 1 Tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into 4 equal portions and set aside.
- Boil potatoes until soft then mash with Vegenaise, Earth Balance & garlic. Fold in other ingredients and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Scoop equal amounts of filling onto each piece of dough.
- Roll it all up and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.